Travel To Asia
Travel To Asia
Travel To American
Travel To American
Travel To Middle East
Travel To Middle East

Translate to your language
Choose your language
Arabic Bulgarian Chinese Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Finnish French German Greek Hebrew Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish

Go Back   TravPL Social Network - Travel Hotels Vacation > Travel To American > Travel To United States > Travel To United States Question & Answers

Travel To United States Question & Answers United States General Information On Study, Travel, Work Visa And Business Visa Requirements And The Addresses Of Embassies

Advertisements
Advertise with us

Texas Restaurant

القرع الي المريكا قرع امريكا للسفر الى امريكا อาหารเท็กซัส

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Report Trip to Syria ( Bgjgaz) -(Hrach restaurant ) Travel with us Travel To Syria 0 17-11-2009 : 05:26
Photo Report Village Restaurant in Damascus Travel with us Travel To Syria 0 17-11-2009 : 04:01
Photo Report Malaysia 2009 Time Square + Korean Restaurant P10 TravPL Travel To Malaysia 1 11-11-2009 : 10:49
Photo Report Malaysia 2009 Garden Restaurant P4 TravPL Travel To Malaysia 1 11-11-2009 : 10:33

Bookmarks
Old 27-12-2009, : 12:10   #1

Banned
smithmille is on a distinguished road
Texas Restaurant

القرع الي المريكا قرع امريكا للسفر الى امريكا อาหารเท็กซัส
Hi all...I'm going to see The View with my mom and girlfriend and am looking for some lunch recommendations in the Texas. Josephina's, GabrielsCafe Fiorello have all been suggested...does anyone have any comments or suggestions? Thanks
smithmille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, : 06:26   #2

Administrator
TravPL has disabled reputation
Re: Texas Restaurant

Hello Smithwile ,
Welcome in our forum .
Fort Worth ain't just cowboys. There is an elegant restaurant with the essence of western vogue in Fort Worth that is located in an unlikely section of town. It's located in the Stockyards where you traditionally go for real Texas food. People go there for barbecue or steak and

potatoes—hearty western food. Located on Main Street in the Stockyards is a restaurant that challenges you to try to locate something better in any of the neighborhoods to the east. This fine establishment is Lonesome Dove.
Lonesome Dove is a diamond in the rough. Its menu can be a little intimating with kangaroo, yes I said kangaroo, rattlesnake and even wild boar, but don't let that stop you from enjoying everything starting with the atmosphere, wine and then the food.

I began with an appetizer of Surf and Turf of Cinnamon Braised Wild Boar and Dayboat Scallop on Whipped Parsnip. I'm not a fan of scallops because they always seem to taste like nothing, but this was the safest thing on the menu and it was good. The scallop had a wonderful buttery taste that went very well with the well seasoned wild boar which to those not from Fort Worth is wild pig.

For my second course I decided to try the Spicy Yellow Squash Soup which came with a creamy star of Texas in the center. For squash soup it was tasty especially after adding a dash of freshly ground pepper.

The main course I chose was the Rainbow Trout with Smoked Langostino Hash and Citrus Micro Green Salad. The Langostino Hash made this dish. I've saved the best for last—the dessert. I shared Warm Ancho Chile Chocolate Cake with Tomatillo Anglaise. It is a chocolate cake with pepper. The warmth of the cake and the hotness of the pepper with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee made this the end to a flawless eating experience.

Lonesome Dove is not a "let's grab a bite to eat" kind of place. It is more of an experience when you have the time to sit, talk, eat and enjoy. The dress code is a little bit of denim and diamonds. If you are looking for something that truly shows the essence of Fort Worth, I recommend Lonesome Dove.

Thanks ,
TravPL
TravPL is offline   Reply With Quote

Search Cloud For This Thread
القرع الي المريكا قرع امريكا للسفر الى امريكا อาหารเท็กซัส ...

Social Media Marketing in Kuwait - مدينة صباح الاحمد البحرية